Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday, Sunday Sunday.

Sunday is a tricky day. Real tricky. With the exception of three hours of church, you're pretty much home all day and can't really do a lot of work activities that comprise the rest of the week, so I tend to eat all day. Bad news when you're trying to lose weight. But an excellent case study in mindful eating.

So today was fast Sunday, which meant no eating till dinner. This helped me a lot. I prepared a lean pork loin roast with stir-fry vegetables and brown rice. I had a reasonable portion, maybe a little big, but not ridiculous. I was full afterward but not stuffed.

Then we decided to start a new tradition for our Sunday treat. I love to bake and I want to still be able to do that regularly. So we decided that I could bake on Sunday, then Mark and I would determine on our own how much of the dessert we wanted. We could eat it all on Sunday or save it. It's up to us. Then once we portion that out, we'll take the rest to a neighbor (or two, depending on how much left over we have). We did it tonight and so far, so good. It will give purpose to our Sunday night walks and help us get to know neighbors better. For the record, we each kept three cookies. Mark at all of his tonight. I ate one tonight and am saving the others for a time when I really "need" a cookie.

Our first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I cheated and weighed myself this morning and I was down almost three pounds. I would be thrilled to reach the three pound mark tomorrow, but we will just see. If I don't hit it, I won't be upset. Slow weight loss is fine, as long as it's coming down, I'm eating more nutritiously and I'm addressing my relationship with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment